Please select from the menu above
- A/G Ratio (meaningful tests)
- A1c (glycated blood sugar)
- Acid (acidity); alkaline (alkalinity)
- Acid Reflux (GERD)
- Acid/Alkaline Cycle
- Acne (psoriasis, eczema)
- Adrenal Glands (Adrenals)
- Adrenaline (resistance)
- Aerobic (anaerobic)
- Alkaline (alkalinity); acid (acidity)
- Allergy (autoimmune reactions)
- Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia & Huntington’s
- Amyloid Plaque (beta-amyloid) (scar tissue)
- Amyloid Plaque (scar tissue)
- Anabolic (anabolism)
- Anaerobic (aerobic)
- Analog [drug]
- Andropause (male menopause)
- Anecdotal (observations & evidence)
- Anger (emotional anxiety, moodiness, depression, stress)
- Angry Tissue
- Antigen (antigen/antibody response)
- Antioxidant (PACs)
- Anxiety (moodiness, depression, stress)
- Arrhythmia (cadiac dysrhythmia, irregular heart beat)
- Arthritis (osteo/rheumatoid)
- Ascorbic Acid (ascorbate, Vitamin C)
- Asperger’s syndrome
- Assimilation (assimilate)
- ATP (Mg-ATP)
- Atrial fibrillation (A-fib)
- Auto-brewery Syndrome
- Autoimmune (autoimmune response)
- Autoimmune Attack Cycle™
- Bad Breath (halitosis)
- Balding (loss of hair/thinning hair)
- Belly fat & belly flap
- Belly Flap
- Bile (activated)
- Bio-Active (Bio-Friendly)
- Bio-electric body
- Bio-Friendly (Iodine, Magnesium, Selenium)
- Biopsy (prostate)
- Bladder (urinary)
- Bloat (gas, fungal infestation, distension of the belly)
- Blood poisoning (sepsis)
- Blood Sugar
- Blood Sugar (elevated)
- Body Fluid Dynamics
- Body Odor (BO)
- Body Roller (also see Spine & Neck Roller, Lymphatic Roller)
- Bowel (bowel disorders)
- Brain fog (mental confusion)
- Bronchial cough (bronchitis)
- Calcification (calcify)
- Calcium (overload)
- Calcium dominance (calcium overload)
- Campylobactor [bacteria]
- Cancer (breast)
- Candida albicans
- Candidiasis (systemic yeast infestation)
- Caramelize (glycation)
- Carbohydrate (sugar)
- Carbohydrate dependence
- Carbon Dioxide (blood oxygen dynamics)
- Cardiovascular [disease]
- Catalyst (catalytic)
- Causative agent
- Celiac (dis-ease)
- Cell Voltage
- Chemical Sensitivity
- Chicken Neck
- Cholesterol (Cholesterol Theory of Disease)
- Chronic fatigue (syndrome)
- Circulation (restricted)
- Clinical (vs low-grade)
- Clostridium difficile (C-diff)
- Cognitive Dysfunction (type 3 diabetes of the brain)
- Colic (earache, thrush, respiratory issues, colds, flud and sinusitis)
- Colon Therapy (hydrotherapy, high enema therapy)
- commensal organisms
- Complete Digestion
- Compromised (challenged)
- Connective Tissue
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Cravings (food cravings)
- Crohn’s (dis-ease)
- CRP (C-reactive protein)
- Default (condition)
- Degenerative (‘disease’, so-called)
- Dementia (vascular)
- Depression (emotional anxiety)
- Diabetes (Mellitus)
- Diabetes (pre-diabetes)
- Diabetes Type 3
- Diagnosis & Prognosis
- Diet & Lifestyle
- Digestion & Indigestion
- Disaccharide (sugar)
- Disorder (syndrome, condition)
- Disorder (syndrome, condition)
- DMSO (di-methyl sulfoxide)
- DNA (DNA merger)
- Dysbiosis [dysbacteriosis]
- Dysfunctional immunity
- Earache (colic, thrush, respiratory issues, colds, flu, yeast & sinusitus)
- Ears (ringing; loss of hearing)
- Eating Disorders
- Eczema (psoriosis, acne)
- Emotion (anxiety & depression)
- Emotional Anxiety (stress, depression, anger)
- Emulsification (emulsifier)
- EndoBiotica (endospheres)
- Endoshpere (EndoBiotica)
- Endotoxin dominance
- Enema (Low & High Enema Therapy)
- Energy (bio-electric)
- Energy (negative)
- Entrainment (energy)
- Environmental Sensitivity
- Epigenome (beyond DNA)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Exercise (movement)
- Eyes (Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma)
- Fatty Liver Dis-ease (non alcoholic fatty liver)
- Fatty Tumor (lypoma)
- Ferritin (bound, elemental blood iron)
- Five Rites
- Fluids (body fluids; blood & lymph)
- Fog (brain)
- Food (reactive)
- Footprint (energy)
- Foreign Protein
- Fortified (with iron)
- Free radical (PACs)
- Fructose (fruit sugar & high fructose corn syrup)
- Fungal infestation (molds, fungi & yeast)
- Fungus (yeast, molds, fungal infestation)
- Gallbladder (bile, liver, digestion)
- Gas (bloat, fungal infestation, distension of belly)
- Genetics (genes/DNA)
- GERD (acid reflux)
- Germ Theory of Disease (pleo-morphism)
- Glucose (sugar)
- Gluten Intolerance
- Glyphosate (Roundup)
- God Card
- Goiter (hypertrophied thyroid gland)
- Gullian-Barre (Syndrome)
- Gum Grafts
- Gums (receded)
- Gut (small intestine)
- Halide (halogen)
- Halotosis (bad breath)
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- HCL (hydrochloric acid)
- Headache (migraine)
- Hemeoglobin (blood)
- Herpes Simplex (cold sores) & genital herpes
- Herxheimer’s Reactions
- Hiatal Hernia
- High blood pressure/hypertension
- Hormone resistance (hormones non-sexual)
- Hormones (sexual)
- Hostile (life forms, energy, drugs)
- Hunger (malnutrition)
- Huntington’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia & Alzheimer,s
- Hypertension/high blood pressure
- Hyphae (hypha)
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Hypothyroidism (low thyroid)
- Immune System
- Immunity (humoral)
- Immunity (primal)
- Implants (dental)
- Infection (secondary)
- Infections (nosocomial)
- Inflammatory Aging
- Insulin (resistance & dependence)
- Insulin/Leptin/Adrenaline Resistance.
- Iodine (ion)
- Ion (magnesium ion)
- Iron (ferritin blood iron)
- Iron (fortification; iron fortified food)
- Iron toxicity
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Kidney, kidney stones (renals)
- Klebsiella [baceria]
- Kreb’s CoFactors
- Krebs Cycle (Tricarboxylic Citric Acid Cycle)
- Lauric Acid
- Leaky-gut [syndrome?]
- Leptin & Insulin Resistance
- Life-Force Energy
- Liver (Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Dis-ease)
- Low-grade (vs. clinical)
- Lugol’s Soultion (potassium-iodide)
- Lyme (Lyme dis-ease)
- Lymph Fluid (lymphatic system)
- Lymphatic Rollers
- Lypoma (fatty tumor)
- Macular Degeneration
- Magnesium (deficiency of magnesium ions)
- Magnesium (product support information)
- Malnutrition (hunger)
- Medical assault
- Memory (brain fog and mental confusion)
- Memory (muscle)
- Mental Confusion (Memory & Brain Fog)
- MetaBolic Complex
- Metabolic Disorder vs. Genetic Disorder
- Metabolic Syndrome (so-called)
- Metabolism & Physiology
- Metals (heavy)
- Microbiome (microbiota)
- Microbiota [microbiome]
- Microwave (food/water)
- Migraine (headache)
- Missing Diagnosis
- Mitochondria (mitochondrion)
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction & [disease]
- Mold & Fungus
- Mold & Fungus Protocol (observations on process)
- Monosaccharide (sugar)
- Moodiness (emotional anxiety, depression, anger & behavior)
- Morph (morphing)
- Mucosa [intestinal]
- Muscle (tone & mass)
- Mycotoxin dominance
- Nano-scaled (mineral ions)
- Neck & Spine Roller
- Neck & Upper Spine Tension
- Neurological Disorders
- Neuropathy (peripheral)
- Noise (vibrational)
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver dis-ease
- Nosocomial (infection)
- Obesity (excess fat & weight)
- Osteocalcin (metabolism)
- PACs (Free radical scavenger)
- Palliation (palliative)
- Pandora’s Box
- Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Dementia & Huntington’s
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Pets (dogs/cats)
- Peyer’s Patches
- Peyronies Disorder
- Plantar fasccitis
- Plaque (amyloid, scar tissue)
- Plasma Protein
- Pleo-morphism (Germ Theory of Disease)
- Polyps (colon)
- Potassium-iodide (Lugol’s Solution)
- Primal Immunity
- Proanthrocyanidin (PACs)
- Probiotics & Prebiotics
- Prognosis & Diagnosis
- Prostate & Prostate Biopsy
- Protein (plasma protein)
- Psoriasis (acne, eczema)
- Puberty (precocious puberty/menarchy)
- Putrefy (putrefaction)
- Racemization (racemized)
- RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance)
- Reactions (autoimmune responses)
- Reactive (chemically active)
- Rebooting One’s Birth & Immune System
- Receptors (brain)
- Regeneration (recovery)
- Regulatory hormone
- Regulatory Mechanisms
- Renals (kidneys)
- Resistance (antibiotic, bacterial)
- Respiration Disorders (lung, COPD, asthma)
- Response (autoimmune)
- Restless legs (syndrome)
- Roller (spine & neck)
- Rollers (lymphatic)
- Root Canals
- Rouleau (effect)
- Scar Tissue
- Selenium (ion)
- Semmelweiss, Ignaz
- Senescence (early dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s)
- Sensitivities (environmental)
- Sepsis (blood poisoning)
- Settle (settle down, unwind, return to normal, stop attacking host)
- Signal(s) (of the body & terrain)
- Signals (vibrations)
- Signs & Symptoms
- Sinusitis (earache, thrush, colic, respiratory issues, colds, flu & yeast)
- Skin (issues of)
- Sleep (sleep cycle)
- Sleep Apnea
- Small Intestine (gut)
- Sneezing (rapid/post meals)
- Soft Tissues
- Standard of Care
- Steroids (corticosteroids)
- Stress & Emotional Anxiety; Depression; Anger ; Behavior
- Sucrose (sugar)
- Sugar (carbohydrate)
- Sugar/Alcohol Cycle
- Sulfur (bio-active)
- Sweets (sugar, carbohydrates, fructose, etc.)
- Symptoms (signs)
- Syndrome (disorder, condition)
- T-3, T-4 (thyroid hormone)
- Tangles (brain)
- Teeth (dying teeth)
- Teeth (loose teeth & teeth whitening)
- Tension (neck & upper spine, joints)
- Terrain (of bio-electric body)
- Tests (meaningful, useful)
- Thrush (oral thrush)
- Thrush, oral (colic, earache, respiratory issues, colds flue yeast & sinusitus)
- Tinnitus (ringing in ears)
- Tissue (angry)
- Tone (muscle)
- Toxic (toxicity, toxins)
- Trigger (dietary)
- Tumor (fatty/lypoma)
- Twenty First Century Diseases
- Undigested food
- Unopposed Calcium Dominance
- Unopposed Estrogen Dominance
- Uric acid (gout)
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Vaginal Infections (bladder infections)
- Vagus nerve
- Varnished (glazed-over/coated)
- Vascular Dementia
- Vestigial (organs)
- Vibrations (signals)
- Vision (eyes & eye issues)
- Vital Organ(s)
- Vitamin C (ascorbate, ascorbic acid)
Anecdotal observations by John Thomas
Acid: Having a pH value below 7.0 on the pH scale of 0-14; the opposite of alkaline. Not the same as acidity.
Acidity: refers to the amount of acid waste stored in the tissues and circulating in body fluids [urine, saliva and lymph]; a condition that manifests in the face of insufficient bicarbonate reserves needed for de-acidification of acids in the system; the exact opposite of alkalinity.
Acidity is not pH and should not be confused with pH. Acidity refers to total acid waste load that burden body tissues and fluids. The more acid waste in the body, the higher acidity.
Alkaline: Having a pH value above 7.0 on the pH scale of 0-14; the opposite of acid. Not the same as alkalinity.
Alkalinity: the exact opposite of acidity; a condition where bicarbonates are in sufficient supply and are available to offset and neutralize acid wastes in the body’s terrain.
Alkalinity is not pH. Alkalinity refers to the body’s ability to buffer [neutralize] acid waste and maintain pH from body reserves of bicarbonate [reserve capacity.]
Acid and alkaline are chemistry terms. In alternative medicine and health circles, the term alkaline is loosely and wrongly used to infer, alkalinity. While it is true that healthy bodies have an alkaline pH [above 7.0] and sick bodies have an acidic pH [below 7.0], neither is true.
pH is a INDICATOR of buffer capacity [bicarbonate reserves.] pH does NOT measure buffer reserves, pH measures pH, not alkalinity or acidity. They are NOT THE SAME!
See Special Insights, Cancer, Acidity, Fermentation & pH in the Archive link above/below.
Acid vs. Alkaline Body
Sickness and disease manifest in bodies containing excess waste [waste is acidic]. Waste is the substrate [food supply] for growth of fungus and yeast.
Yeast produces acid waste byproducts that causes the body to grow ever more acidic.
For example, cancer is a condition of high acidity, low bicarbonate reserves and extreme toxicity from acid waste accumulation due to FERMENTATION of glucose sugars, as opposed to complete burning of glucose during glycolysis. Acidic waste is corrosive in nature. Waste degrades body tissues and damps vital organ function.
A waste filled body is a toxic environment favoring proliferation of parasites and pathogenic microbes. A marginally sick body (sub-clinically sick) has a urine pH in the range of 5-6 range, where bodies suffering from serious, degenerative dis-ease has a urine pH below 5.0 and if severe, below pH 4.0.
The idea that healthy bodies are alkaline is erroneous, even though this idea is popularly believed by alternative practitioners and their patients. To understand this statement, review the word definitions at the beginning of this discussion.
Understanding the Puzzle
The key to understanding the health and alkalinity vs. disease and acidity puzzle must be understood in terms of TISSUE waste load levels and FLUID waste load levels.
Tissue waste levels are measured by their shadows. The shadows are called symptoms. Some symptoms can be measured by medical tests that lead to the status of a clinical condition. Subtle, shadowy symptoms are are sub-clinical.
Medical tests do not measure early sub-clinical symptoms of trouble in the making.
If you are paying attention and know what to look and watch for, you will discover a fantastic early warning system already built into your body.
Urine pH is a good indicator of waste already resident in the system. For example, body odor is a classic symptom of trouble in the making. So is bad breath and subtle changes in skin and gums. Snoring, vision changes and compromised hearing are some more examples.
The Bio-electric Age Test in Chapter three of my book, Young Again! provides a comprehensive list of signs and symptoms to look for.
Early, subtle symptoms are unlike clinical measurements of: blood, hormones, albumin, etc. Other subtle symptoms are: arthritis, fibromyalgia, eczema and gout, all of which scream acid waste overload.
Fluid waste levels are best gauged by measuring urine pH. Blood is not a practical measure and saliva is less accurate. Urine is an easy and useful tool.
Readers should acquaint themselves wit the TERRAIN pH PROTOCOL to better understand the connection between pH and acidity/alkalinity.
Often, people LOADED with non circulating tissue-bound waste, urine test within acceptable ranges and have few health issues. This is not uncommon.
BUT, when circulating waste levels and tissue waste levels overloads the body’s ability to cope, formerly healthy people either develop non life threatening health issues or they suddenly manifest serious, life threatening signs and symptoms overnight.
Sub-clinically sick people never see it coming because they ignored the subtle changes going on under the surface. Good health is good until it isn’t.
pH must be understood in terms of tissue load levels, circulation levels and the body’s ability to manage stress and inflammation associated with excess body waste and the pre-diabetic state.
People with, so-called, pH balanced systems are very often anything but healthy which explains why many health oriented people age poorly and die prematurely even though they lived a healthy lifestyle.
Acceptable pH Range
Healthy bodies maintain urine pH of 6.8 – 7.2. Anything below 7.0 indicates excess acids in the system and the need to introduce bicarbonate to neutralize the acids.
pH 6.8 is easy to maintain except during periods of high stress when urine pH turns more acidic, or during periods of heavy cleansing and waste release from tissues that cause pH to become more acidic from waste flooding the system.
pH rises and falls throughout the day.
Such is the ongoing cycle of waste management. Be sure and STUDY the following information. Here is the link http://www.youngagainclub.com/terrain-ph-protocol.html
The lymphatic system is responsible for waste management and circulation of extracellular waste OUT of the tissue spaces; this is NOT the responsibility of the blood circulatory system.
Blood carries oxygen and nutrients into the tissues and carbon dioxide out. Notice both of these are gases. The gateways OUT OF THE BODY for soluble acidic waste removal are the liver (90%) and the kidneys (10%).
FYI: pH 6.0 is ten times LESS ACID than pH 5.0, but neither pH is alkaline; one is simply less acid that the other.
Less acid is always desirable. This is a vitally important concept to understand if you wish to enjoy perpetually enjoy good health and not experience premature aging or early death.
De-acidification of the body is an ongoing process. Every day, waste is produced and if it is not released from the system it accumulates in the tissues, organs and joints.
The Terrain pH Protocol should be practiced each and every day, forever, and you use pH test strips and guidance from YoungAgainClub to gauge decisions about pH.
pH, Aging & Alkaline Water
Acidification of the body is a progressive process that takes place over one’s entire lifespan, but accelerates around age 244, again at age 35 and in the mid forties.
Drinking alkaline water and eating foods that are so-called alkaline forming has little to do with making the body more alkaline. The health industry is overrun with half-baked experts who espouse all kinds of crackpot ideas.
YoungAgainClub.com was established to teach people what actually works and hopefully, enlarge their knowledge base in chemistry and the life sciences; specifically, CRITICAL THINKING not based on formalized training.
Except for the field of biochemistry, very few credentialed experts know much of anything. And proof is to be found in all the sick and dying credentialed experts and patients who rely on them for direction and understanding.
Bad food, junk food and non-food, along with poor digestion, drive acid waste overload and slow deterioration of the liver and kidneys plus progressive, mitochondrial dysfunction.
Body acid/alkaline balance is greatly influenced by the regulatory hormones: insulin, leptin, adrenaline, cortisol and glucagon. See Special Insights, Change Your Food Habits, Change Your Life.
- Change your lifestyle and your diet.
- Embrace Young Again Club Protocols.
- Ask for help and be open to new ideas
Read my book, Young Again! 6th edition for additional information. It is available FREE by download on the YoungAgainClub.com website!
See the terms: toxic, waste, lymph and scar tissue in the Glossary link below.
See Special Insights, OSTEOPOROSIS and GOUT in the Archive link below.